The chain of food and love

The emotional feelings generated by the caretaking aspects of yuezi truly strengthened the circle of love and bonding between my mother, myself and my baby.  During yuezi, my food intake schedule during the daytime was based off of my daughter's feedings.  For example, if I was going to breastfeed at 6pm, I had a light dinner or soup at 5pm so that when my daughter was going to eat, I was prepared for it. 

When a new mom is readily prepared and nourished for nursing, it makes postpartum life that much easier and that's one of the multitude of benefits associated with yuezi.  I felt an incredible sense of gratitude to have my mom prepare 5 nutritious meals a day so that I could be the best possible mom to nurture and feed my baby.  Different cultures have unique ways of taking care of new moms but there's nothing in the world that beats the depth of maternal love until you drink your mother's soup to nurse your baby.

Tags: yuezi benefits, postpartum emotions, maternal love, postpartum food intake

    

No comments:

Post a Comment