Yuezi beverage

Ingredients:

Large piece of ginger

20 goji berries

3 pinches of dried longan meat

5 red dates or jujubes

5 cups of water

Boil everything for 10-12 minutes!

My mom brought this to the hospital the first day after my daughter was born.  It has ginger to regain strength, longan for a bit of sweetness and dates to cleanse the blood.

On my 4th week, my mom added hong sen (red ginseng) to my drink for vitality.  Apparently, she saved the red ginseng from her yuezi and by the time I had it, it was over 30 years old!!!

As a gift from my 3rd aunt in HK, my daughter was given hong sen as a baby gift.  I think it's still the sweetest and most thoughtful gift to be sitting in my freezer for the next couple of decades.

I also drink this in the wintertime in NYC to keep warm.

Tags - yuezi recipes, yuezi beverage, goji berry drink, ginger drink, winter drink, hong sen, red ginseng




No comments:

Post a Comment