Radio killed the video star - The importance of listening to the radio during yuezi

During yuezi, one is supposed to avoid any type of visual medium and visual activity including:  tv, computer, books, reading, writing ,etc.  Why you ask?  And more importantly how?
Let’s attack the WHY.  The reasoning behind this unusually tough caveat of yuezi can be sourced to the belief that any type of eye strain could permanently affect future vision.  
So, with my cell phone, laptop and iPad on lockdown, my husband bought me a transistor radio.  What can I say - old world traditions require old school entertainment.   


Tuning into NPR everyday became my new ritual and the only way I connected with the world for the experience of yuezi.  NPR content and programming is just first rate, surprisingly relevant and random, I really never knew what to expect!  

I found it to be extremely restorative to my senses.  Additionally, it was incredibly amusing to be able to recall facts and figures after months of forgetfulness aka baby brains.
Listening to the radio demands your attention in such a different way than other news providers.  Try it and you might just be amazed how much you can remember.
Tip: Have your other members handle the logistics of visitors and enjoy the time away from scheduling.

No comments:

Post a Comment