Acupuncture during pregnancy


Flowers and trees in NY are stunning with everything that blooms in the city.  However, if you suffer from seasonal allergies like I do, it can be miserable and suffocating.  Add pregnancy into the mix and you basically have to carry an oxygen mask by your side at all times. 
I became a believer in acupuncture when I was 5 months preggerz; desperate and unable to breathe outside the filtered air environment of home and work.   My allergies were so bad that I had to call in sick due to complete incapacitation.  I just had no more energy left from sneezing and wheezing on top of normal fatigue of pregnancy.   Psychologically, I was scared of everything.  I was scared of taking too much Benadryl, scared of using my inhaler (steroids), scared of giving asthma to my baby, scared of having an asthma attack during delivery.  After some research, which skewed more towards homeopathic remedies, I started to use the neti pot.  It worked sometimes but most of the time, I was too congested.  Then one day, I read about acupuncture and decided to give it a try. 
It was amazing how fast it worked.  I went twice a week for a couple weeks and then fell into the routine of going once a week to every 10 days.  It changed my perception of TCM and it felt like a miracle to be breathing with ease in the open air of Central Park.
Is it a traditional element of Yuezi? Okay, maybe not. But it isn’t unimaginable to call it yuezi adjacent.

No comments:

Post a Comment