POSTPARTUM SHAPEWEAR REVIEW - Belly Bandit, Shrinkx Hip Compression Belt and other postpartum shapewear

I bought both of these items on Amazon around week 38 out of pure curiosity. My coworker had mildly suggested the Belly Bandit and now I know why she was so tepid about it. Its just hard to know what size you'll deflate into after birth!


BELLY BANDIT
We all know that you wont have a super flat tummy immediately after but who knew it would stay so large at the same time? I brought my Belly Bandit to the hospital and did not fit into until 3-4 weeks afterwards. Sure the Kardashians endorse a fancy version of it and it also comes in bamboo, at the end of the day, it still isn't effective as it should be unless you buy the entire range to see what size you fit in. It didn't work for me but if you do buy it, I suggest you go into a retail store with a nice return or exchange policy and skip the online purchase.




SHRINKX HIP COMPRESSION BELT
In regard to the Shrinkx Hip Compression Belt, that was even more useless! It never stayed on my hips for more than a couple hours. The compression bands were definitely strong but it was hard to keep in place. If it's not on your hips, it's not doing its job. Next!



DIET TRIM BY SEARS
So about a month afterwards, I was back in the suburbs of LA during maternity leave and my mom suggested this post surgery shapewear that her friend wore after lipo. No joke - this lady who had lipo came from Asia to buy up all these corsets and other shape wear and guess what? It was sold at Sears of all places and it's a line called Diet Trim. I bought the Diet Trim mid leg shaper and the one for slacks. Basically it keeps the skin from sagging while you lose weight. That's why you should keep it on when you're vertical and when you're sleeping, you should take it off.

Diet Trim Hi Rise Brief

SPANX
Another item that I recommend is good ol' Spanx. Invest in it early and don't be stingy like me and buy the alternative version at Target - it is inferior.  I love Target but their alternative was called ASSETS® by Sara Blakely® to Spanx was probably not designed for the postpartum belly.


I bought more Spanx recently on Ruelala so you never know when you can catch a deal on them. It just feels like you came out of a pilates class when you put them on so well worth the investment.


VICTORIA SECRET
Another lovely shapewear to try is from Victoria Secret. This was a random discovery because I hardly frequent this store. However, I found the firm control of the Hug Me Tight TM High-waist Shaper Brief to be quite amazing too! It flattens your tummy but not your derrier!  And it comes in leopard print!


I also bought a good old fashioned girdle. I went to the same place that I bought my wedding corset in so it was nice visiting the shop for another momentous chapter in life.


4 comments:

  1. I don't have deeply knowledge about belly bandit but i read some reviews belly bandit helps shrink the belly, waist and hips..

    Baby and me Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. POSTPARTUM SHAPEWEAR REVIEW, These abdomen belts don't know how effective it is, I really want to buy one postpartum belt.no1 plus size c section recovery belt

    ReplyDelete